I recently got divorced, but she left my home which I

Customer Question
I recently got divorced...

I recently got divorced, but she left my home which I purchased when I was 21 in year 2012 I refinanced and her name was added on the deed as co-applicant I am in a hardship and facing foreclosure they informed me I had to get her to sign off with a quick claim deed for them to even begin refinancing the loan, what rights will she incur if she doesn't sign off and I loose my home

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I had a drug addiction which I am still in recovery steps and havnt used in alittle over 3 months, but with that said I had signed power of attorney only until I come out of treatment to my parents so they can make and sign in my behalf, the issue I'm dealing with is my ex might not sign off and they (mortgage co) told my mother that was the first I she had to do was get a quick claim deed for them to process a refinance program, which the ex informed her she was going to see what her rights are and pretty much wont help in any way to better my situation, I was not in my right mind to make the proper decisions in anything that included her being granted divorce without myself being there child visitation was another and now learning that all my checks where deposited in our joint account and entire amount was transferred on line to a unkown account I would assume only in her name , I have two years back bank statements showing this and was left with a negative after she closed the account when she moved out, she filked for legal separation but filed single on our taxes to find out taxes weren't paid now dealing with unpaid years of IRS taxes, I am getting hit in all directions and don't know where to start

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Much appriciated

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Cape may county rio grande new jersery

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That I am serious with my recovery and want to focus on this being first and to direct my parents in the right place to see what I'm up against

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer

Hello I would be happy to help you with your question.

If she signed the mortgage for the refinance in 2012 then she is equally responsible for that mortgage loan. If the home was forclosed then you both would loose any interest/right/ownership in the property. If there is a deficiency due after the forclosure (there's still money owed to the bank after the sale) then she would be responsible with you for any mortgage balances remaining on the property that she signed for.

I wish you well with your recovery, and I am sorry you are going through this. Please let me know if there is anything else you want to discuss. I would be happy to continue this conversation. If so just reply to this response. If you are satisfied with this response, please Accept the answer and provide a rating. Doing so costs you nothing extra. Experts are independent contractors and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for the time reviewing and responding to questions as we are not employees of the site. You may also get a request for a telephone call, but that is from the site and not the experts. I hope your legal issue works out to your satisfaction.

If you are satisfied with my responses to your questions, please accept the answer, and provide a rating (5 stars would be appreciated). It cost you nothing additionally to do so. The experts who answer your questions are independent contractors, and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for our responses. Thanks, ***** ***** hope everything works out to your satisfaction.