I was filling in my hours to renew my license and answered a…

I was filling in...

I was filling in my hours to renew my license and answered a question with yes instead of NO. I had one Ethics violation last year from a Landlord. That is the only one in almost 40 years. I paid the fine and took the hours required and it was closed. The Department put a hold on me entering my hours until the speak to me. What should I tell them?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No, The Person with AAR told me to contact you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No I am a Real Estate Agent.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I sent the Department of Real Estate a copy of the paid fine and a letter of release from AAR.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/26/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

I'm sorry... what exactly is an ethics violation by a landlord. What do landlords have to do with ethics violations? Do you mean eviction or something else?

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I let the Tenant put a TV on the wall. He hD requested nothing on walls to be hung. The Tenant did other things that I sad not aware of. I was the property manager.
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Please just cancel the whole conversation. I am on an appointment. Just keep the 5.00

But what does the tenant putting something onthe TV have to do with an ethics violation?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Ethics violation means that I did something without the Landlord’s approval.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
No phone call

The phone call request is automatic... you can ignore that unless you want a call.

What is "the Department"... the Real Estate Board?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I never had a response to my question. I want a Full Refund. — Ione Heck

I'm still struggling to understand WHAT your question is. I'm also not understanding what license you were renewing - real estate? If you're speaking to the board you'll need to decide whether to do so on your own or with an attorney - but to be frank any time your license is on the line it is prudent to have have an attorney if you're not certain you'll be comfortable with what you need to say.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney