I have already filled out my paperwork for my divorce but…

Customer Question
I have already filled...

I have already filled out my paperwork for my divorce but have not filed them yet I have had them for five years but they are notarized do I have to get another packet or keep the ones I got and much does it cost to file

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just filled them and them notarized

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 29 days ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 29 days ago

I've reviewed your question and I'm happy to help. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 29 days ago

Unfortunately yes, you'll most likely need updated forms and signatures, and an updated notary stamp to file your divorce now.

Generally in the state of Texas the filing fees for a divorce are around $300, but you may incur additional costs or fees depending on what other documents you may need, if this is a contested/ uncontested divorce, etc.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 28 days ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones