What is the time limitation to file a claim against someone…

First, what is the...

First, what is the time limitation to file a claim against someone in small claims court?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Maine

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If I can file three separate claims. 1. Rent owed. 2. Unpaid personal loans 3. Return of personal properties.

3/26/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Are all three of these claims related to the same person and same set of facts (meaning are all three claims related to the same situation)?

They are related to the same person. Here the defendant would owe rent for housing. Facts of where he live and how much he owed. The second claim is on personal loans. Money loaned for rent, outside the room rental, hospital bills, car repairs, etc. The third is a return of property had rented for use to him at a facility which he changed locks, etc and told me not to come there.
Simply answering the first of these questions, the limitation of time to file. These happened in April of 2017 around the 20th.
If I have waited too long, organizing receipts and info, then the rest of the questions are mute.

Thank you for the additional information. A breach of contract action statute of limitation is 4 years.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
Thank you, when I am more prepared and looking at forms in the very near future, I will definitely consider giving you a call.

You are welcome.