Ive filed a breech of contract suit and served the company.

Hi Ive filed a...

Hi Ive filed a breech of contract suit and served the company. It is a pretty black and white contract, more like a promissory note, that they stopped paying. As of Friday, it was 30 days without hearing back from then since being served.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

To get a judgement, what do I have to do? Also when judgement received can I put a lien on their bank account for my money and if yes, how does that work? They are a company which just cut a deal with two PE companies who have committed $10mil each. My note is only for $80k

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

So they have the money but the PE comapnies are strong arming them not to use their money for past debts. There is no risk of the company going BK.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im in California.

3/26/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

So, your next step if they did not answer the suit, you need to present the clerk with a motion for default judgment and send a copy of the motion for default to the defendants. If they fail to answer the motion for default, then the court will enter a judgment of default. From that judgment of default, you would then file for a writ of enforcement and ask the court to grant you the right to seize property or assets to satisfy your judgment.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

How long do they have to respond to the motion for default?
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

Thank you for your reply.

They have 10 days to answer a default when they receive notice.