My daughter has exceeded the amount of social security

Customer Question
My daughter has exceeded...

My daughter has exceeded the amount of social security cards! through the years (she will be twenty five soon) when she lived with me in Florida i misplaced her and her brothers S.S. Cards. Then i came to New York and they went to live with their Mother. in the time she lived with her mother, her mother lost my daughters SS Card, Passpoprt and birth certificate the same time in an Envelope in Queens. then after my daughter g three more her mother threw away my daughters

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in FL family court?

Ss cards three times . her mother suffers with schizophrenia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No this is the first time i am seeking advice.. my daughter was fifteen when her mother did that. one she did lose but the other three her mother whenever she did not take her medication would get into an argument with my daughter and throw them away in the garbage.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My daughter has misplaced one or two and once i think her wallet was stolen. her last card is nowhere to be found in our apartment . Now she says that was supposed to be her last and she needs to get a job. everyone wants to see the actual card.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 29 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If she has exceeded the lifetime limit of 10 cards, then she will need to file with the SSA for good cause exception for replacement and will need to prove her mother has a mental health issue and that the mother threw the cards away because of the mental health issue and ask the SSA to replace the card. That is all she can do I am sorry to say is appeal to the SSA for exemption and explain she needs the card to present to obtain employment and get one issued.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney