I have a permanent mutual injunction. My ex had from noon -4…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a permanent mutual injunction. My ex had from noon -4 to get all of his belongings out of my home. He arrived at 12:20 and left at 2. He left a TON of things and a huge mess. Can I legally dump these items since he didn’t take them? I HAVE to sell my home and my garage is packed with what he left behind. Did he legally surrender his belongings by leaving them and especially with having the extra time and movers he hired. I pleaded to him in front of the Constable and told me he had no room. He had plenty though

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I contacted his lawyer letting her know I was dumping what he left. She knows I asked her to confirm he will get EVERYTHING. Our order is permanent now because I was served the permanent injunction when the Constables were here. I haven’t contacted anyone else. Well, I did call for it to be dumped but I need to see if I am being legal.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How does this work? Cost, advice, etc

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Legal
3/27/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 25 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If there is an Order that requires him to come to your home and remove his things by date and time certain and he has done that,but left certain items behind, you can assume that the items have been abandoned and get rid of them.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law