My husband and I are not divorcing but selling our home. He…

My husband and I...

My husband and I are not divorcing but selling our home. He stole all of our line of credit w/out my knowledge. I'd like to get that back after the sell. Is that possible?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None really. We had a discussion that from what we'd get, he wanted 45,000 to pay off his school loan and agreed to give me the rest. He stole 135,000. on gambling.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He verbally agreed to give me the share, but I have reservations since it took him a year later 2007, to tell me our LOC was gone. He hid the statements that I've been paying on. There's a little more, when I was pinkslipped in 2008 he said he carried my car loan...but when I received an inheritance, 20,000.00 he no longer could 'pay the bills' and that money was gone.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

The only way to recover here is to file for divorce and have funds paid into registry of court.You may get these back in divorce, court has equity powers to do that.Otherwise unless ex agrees here you don't get repaid.I think divorce or legal separation is the way to go if you want these.

You can file for divorce/separation pro se if you have too.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1033.htm

Forms and self help

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We're not divorcing, but that's the only way to recoup my loss? Even if he gave a verbal yes to give me more of the proceeds?

Unless he puts that in writing to the title company or authorizes them to hold funds here.If he does that then yes its possible.

Ray, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What form do I need?
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

A letter tot tile company here referencing disbursement of proceeds.

Good Deed Title Company

Address

Re:Proceeds of Sale of House at*****

Dear Sirs ,

This letter is to confirm that I am asking that the amount of $$$ be withheld from the net proceeds of the sale of this proeprty and made payable to my wife as repaymnet for prior debt incurred against the property.

Sincerely yours,

His name

Please let me know if anything else is needed to complete this request.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much.

Have a great day.

Ray, Lawyer