I was caught shoplifting and gave back stolen items in

I was caught shoplifting...

I was caught shoplifting and gave back stolen items in parkinglot when approached by employees but left before police arrived, now they are trying to find me, what should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the theft charges?

No, I haven't gotten a ticket yet

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the theft occur?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just need to know what I should do about police looking for me

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Do you have question regarding this matter?

What? This is not helping me out

Hmmm..the last person who tried to help asked you for a few mins to type an answer and you booted them off demanding a new lawyer...

What is it you are looking for?

Im sorry buddy, im just stressed out and don't have time to waste. Can you read my initial story about what happened?

I did read the story...but the question "what can I do" is tough to deal with. It's very hard for us to answer a question like "what do I do" and provide you with helpful information. I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

P. Simmons, Attorney
im new at this stuff and everything seems like a scam. I will accept the call
My number is(###) ###-####

calling now