Received a w-2 for monies I did not receive. This was a

Received a w-2 for...

Received a w-2 for monies I did not receive

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

This was a former employer that went bankrupt and owed people who were on ldt a setlement ordered be a bankrupt court

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will saleried

3/26/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hello I am an attorney here to help. What specific questions did you have for me today about this?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
how do I handle this w-2? pay taxes on it? or contact the irs?
Good question. If you received a tax form from the Employer that was inaccurate, then you should consider contacting the IRS to explain this. The IRS can notify the Employer of their incorrect form and have them reissue the form with the correct number.
What you may want to do instead is also contact the Department of Labor about your unpaid wages. The Department of Labor in your state can require the employer to pay you the unpaid wages.
If you contact the Department of Labor first, then you can have them Force the employer to pay you and then a new and accurate w2 can be issued.
Did you have any other questions for me about this today?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thanks
You bet. Would you mind providing me if I star rating today? I would sincerely ***** *****! Come back anytime.
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Legal Eagle, Lawyer