I entered a contract to buy a new car on Sat. 3/24. The

Customer Question
I entered a contract...

I entered a contract to buy a new car on Sat. 3/24. The salesman did not tell me the car I wanted was advertised on their web site for 8,000. Less than the price he gave me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I’m in Illinois No i have no one helping me. I did not take the car. It is still at the dealer.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. I discovered the problem after i left the dealer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was not happy when i was there but I was so hassled to sign I went along. I’m 82 and i was alone

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hello I am an attorney here to help. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You may have a case for fraudulent misrepresentation. This occurs when a party makes a false promise to induce you to enter into an agreement and you suffer damages as a result. In your case, this doesn't apply only if the charges were things like taxes, title, or insurance charges that come with every sale. But if the base price was higher, a court would likely award you the difference.
My recommendation is to get answers from the seller ASAP id you have any other questions for me today?
Legal Eagle, Lawyer