My wife's wages are being garnished for previous ambulance…

Customer Question
My wife's wages are...

My wife's wages are being garnished for previous ambulance and hospital doctors fees. She was taken to St. Marys hospital in Reno, NV. She was confused at that time because she just had a vehicle accident after coming from a graveyard shift and was on her way home

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NV lawyer about this?

. She said that she does not have money to pay but the ambulance took her anyway. Blood and urine samples were probably taken but no drugs or other prohibited materials. She refused treatment and ask me (spouse ) to pick her up. She was at the time of accident insured by Aetna but due to her confusion the hospital and ambulance did not get to see the card. So can we stop the garnishment , which apparently was granted by a local court. At least her insurance , Aetna should pay most of the bill. She is just a legal immigrant from the Philippines, a high school graduate, and is not knowledgeable of USA procedures. Is there help possible ? My email is***@******.*** .

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing. She just received a payroll check from her current employer with a garnishment deduction of $ 95.17 per week.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have police records of the accident in 2016 and a traffic citation by the Reno PD, traffic fine at the local court, and a copy of the Aetna insurance card which was valid at the time of accident. I will have to search for them in order to provide the paper work.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Did you ever submit the bills to the insurance company or notify them about the lawsuit? If so, what did they say?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Please answer the questions I posted above so I know what type of information will be most helpful to you.

Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Different expert. If the garnishment is on default you would file a motion with the clerks office to vacate it for lack of notice. Such motion is usually granted.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! Thanks