I have a problem i am trying to resolve on friendly term but…

i have a problem i...
i have a problem i am trying to resolve on friendly term but every day that pass by i get more stressed over it i am wondering if an attorney may help me. i sent money to a fellow that my cousin was acquainted with by wire through my bank account then my cousin called me 2 days latter and ask me to recall the money. i did this bank to bank and 2 months later i still don't have the money back in my account.Can you help me?
3/26/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Why did you wire them the money? Was it a loan, a gift, etc?

2) Did you have a contract in writing with the cousin?

3) Why did you change your mind?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
my cousin is out of the country, he called me he needed money to support his family here but i wanted the money to go to his daughter but she is not able to go do it for him due to school exams so he told me to send it to his friend well some friend cos after i did he called back to recall it because his friends account is being investigated by the security of the bank my local bank was notified I have no contract i have the wire to send to the bank and the recall the problem is the bank not my family, i have since gone to bring money to my niece but i want that money from chase to come back to my account

Thank you. On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and this is one of these times.

The bank does not have to return the wired money. Once you send it - and of your own volition, which is what happened - then it immediately goes into his account and now belongs to him. He may have already withdrawn it.

The bank is not liable; he is (if he tricked you). The bank does not have to return the money arguably - you have to pursue your cousin.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
there has to be a way to get back the money from the bank i sent it for a purpose and that is passed but now they can not keep it because the person did not withdraw the amount

There is a way to get back - to SUE him, or, threaten to do so (and hopefully they will voluntarily send it back)

It is in their account now. The bank could not longer withdraw it any more than they can your money from your account. I am sorry.

You won't find a different answer anywhere else I am afraid.

Wires are final.

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click SEND to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
i will sue then thanks

You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to RATE my answer with five stars and then click SEND to submit that rating – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please use the SEND button to keep on chatting. "I strive for FIVE!"

Ely, Counselor at Law
Ely, Counselor at Law