My ex filed a motion to evict a tenant of one of my homes.

Customer Question
My ex filed a...

My ex filed a motion to evict a tenant of one of my homes. The motion was addressed to Occupants at x.x.x.x. I filed an Objection showing my Judgment Of Divorce granting me elusive use of the home, our written agreement to the same as well as challenging the courts jurisdiction since I no longer live in the state. The court granted a Judgement of Default because I was not a party in the motion or "not an occupant at the address" What do I need to file to correct this? Michigan is the sate.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in MI family court?

I filed the initial objection but nothing since the default judgement which occurred 03/22/18

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 28 days ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - Is your name on the deed to the home?

Is the house in Michigan? if so, then the Michigan court will have jurisdiction. Did you ever give your ex authorization of the home post divorce?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No, by jurisdiction I mean my ex and I wrote out an agreement. I don't think the court has the authority to ignore or alter our written agreement. In that agreement I agreed to pay the tax debt, once the debt was paid I noticed motions have been granted by default in Michigan alerting the original judgement and agreement.

okay - thank you for the information - what has been filed that has altered the agreement? And you are correct, baring a court order the court can not alter an original agreement.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Also, I'm being held in contempt of the altered default judgement.

What are you being held in contempt on? back monies owed?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
PLAINTIFF EXHIBIT A)On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 8:39 AM, Ed Thompson
<*****@******.***> wrote:
Per our conversation 01/18/2016, we agree to the following.
1. Ed Thompson will be responsible for the outstanding irs tax debt.
2. There will be no alimony, spousal support or child support paid to either party.
3. 100% physical and legal custody of Ethan Thompson 15 yrs / ***** ***** III 6 yrs will be given to ***** ***** (father).
4. Property has already been divided.
5. Latasha Thompson will have visitation every other weekend of the children.
6. Latasha Thompson will start her own medical / dental / life insurance benefits and be removed from Ed Thompson’s benefits.
7. Latasha Thompson will sign over the Lexus RX400H truck.
8. Latasha Thompson will sign quit claim deed (attached) for property located at 1410 Glass Lake Circle Oxford, MI 48371
Please reply and confirm agreement.
Regards,
Ed Thompson.From: Latasha Thompson [mailto***@******.***]
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:45 PM
To: ***** ***** <*****@******.***>
Subject: Re: Divorce agreement (update)Yes, this is my understanding of the agreement:1. I, Latasha Thompson will sign the quit claim deed for the home located at 1410 Glass Lake, Oxford, MI 48371 and the home refinanced by ***** *****.
2. ***** ***** (Father) will have physical and legal custody of Ethan Thompson (DOB 11/7/01) and ***** ***** III (DOB 9/27/10).
3. I, Latasha Thompson (Mother), will have visitation every other weekend.
5. There will be no alimony, spousal support, or child support paid to either party.
6. ***** ***** will be responsible for the IRS tax debt.
7. I, Latasha Thompson will sign-up for my own benefits.
8. I, Latasha Thompson will sign over the 2008 Lexus RX 400h.
9. Property already divided.Regards, *****Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
She wasn't owed any money but she's coming for my house. We also have a Judgement granting me exclusive use of the home. I recently saw a Judgement granting her use of my home.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I contend the new judgement is null / void. She recently filed paperwork to evict my tenant from the home in Michigan and received a Default Judgement. I'm trying to get these Default Judgements thrown out.

please give me a few min to review

Tina, Lawyer