How are u? I purchased a car in maryland from a Lexus

Hi how are...

Hi how are u? I purchased a car in maryland from a Lexus dealership 2 year ago , paid 12 grand as down payments , got the title with my name and lien holders name on it , but my account was never created , on the bank , I actually did not receive any bills , dealer had me signed paper works 3 times in the first 3 month from the date I bought the vehicle , but no bills , came to me , I called the lien holder few times , and there is no account with my car vim number or my name anywhere , so I was told by one of those people that called me to get copies of those contracts that I signed , that I should do nothing , the dealer messed it up , , now I am stuck with lien holder on the title that does not even have my car on file . , so my question is what should I do ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I provided all copies of the 3 different contracts that I signed , that all

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I take this lien holder off the title any how , and just have the vehicle?

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Lori
Lori, Attorney
Hello. Let me see if I can assist.
Sounds like the dealer made a mess of the deal! Do you have a copy of the signed installment contract for making payments? The loan may have been sold to another lender without your knowledge. Even if you are not being required to make payments now, a lender can come forward in the next 5 years to enforce the contract. You need to wait for the statute of limitations to run on the contract before you can have the lien holder removed from title.
Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No I don’t have installment contract signed .. the only thing I have is those three different contracts from two different banks , but the banks never approved , dealer tried to get me the loan 3 times and 2 different banks , that’s why I signed 3 different contracts , the last one , was when I got the vehicle tags , and titled ! But never received installments or anything , I called dealer , called the all 3 banks , no one can figure it out !
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I can email u the contracts I have here so u could have a better ideia what I am talking about !
Okay. You can upload the contracts on this site and I'll review.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
there it is ! first one was a lease agreement on my company name ,second one they told me that I would have to lease thought my name only , and third one they told me , that I would have to by the vehicle , not lease anymore , that was the one the they registered and sent me the title with the lien holder on it
Looks like the last purchase contract you signed was sold to Signal Financial as the lender. The dealer obviously received payment for the car from some lender who financed the car or the dealer would be asking for the car back.
If you have not been making payments and no lender has been making demand for payment on you, I recommend that you wait to see if a lender notifies you of a default under the purchase contract. If the lender never makes demand or never file suit for default under the purchase contract, the lender will be forever barred from enforcing the contract against you under the statute of limitations.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
What statue of limitations mean?
That is the timeframe and deadline by which the lender has to file suit on the contract after default. Otherwise the lender is barred from enforcing it.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok in case the lender reach out to me to start collect , what’s my better option here . Do they have the right to force me to start paying what is under this contract or Do I have a right to negotiate my terms now since it’s been so long , or I could simply walk way from it , or Stay low until it’s end ?
I would stay low and see what happens. If the lender does come forward, they can force you to make payments under the contract. Otherwise they can repo the car. If they notify you, you may have the ability to negotiate new repayment terms.
Have I answered all your questions?
Lori
Lori, Attorney
Lori
Lori
Lori, Attorney