Think I have been swindled by a general contractor. What…

Think I have been swindled...
Think I have been swindled by a general contractor. What type of attorney would I need to contact
3/26/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Did you pay them in full or a substantial deposit?

.

When was the last time they showed up?

.

Do you know where they operate out of?

.

Have you gotten estimates for the cost to finish any agreed on work from a couple licensed contractors?

.

.

thanks

I paid agreed upon dates. They did just enough work to get paid. They have a company name but no office. The job started out small and got very large. Somethings I added somethings were to meet code. I have not got any quotes to finish what they started I only owe them $5,000. They have gotten. About $100,000.
No phone calls

Ok, then you have definitely been scammed if they haven't finished the work and it has been this long and you have a lot of things left to do..

.

You would need a local general civil litigation attorney to file suit against them for breach of contract and part of that would be getting a couple estimates from licensed contractors so you know what it will cost to finish the job. That would be your measure of damages that you would sue for.

.

The problem you may have is finding them if they are a shady contractor with no address.. You have to find them to have them served with a summons to come to court and explain why they took your money and didn't do the job..

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney
Thanks for the info.