My husband was injured at work and has been out of work on…

My husband was injured...

My husband was injured at work and has been out of work on workman's comp. We are afraid that he will have problems in the future related to this injury. Is there anything we need to do to protect ourselves?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is your husband in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your husband taken so far?

None - he is drawing a check from workman's comp. He has been out of work 3 weeks now, and will be out at least another 3 weeks. He is going to the doctor and physical therapy. He was notified last Thursday that he will be sent to a neurosurgeon

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is an electrician and was working on a construction site. A 40 pound pipe fell from approximately 10 feet and hit him on his head. He was wearing a hard hat. His neck is hurting. He had x-ray, ct scan and MRI. There were no fractures - doctor says it is soft tissue damage. He is in pain

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - are you speaking to an attorney concerning this accident?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Not yet, I just wanted advice to determine if we need to contact an attorney. We are afraid that he will have problems later down the road related to this injury

Yes I would contact a personal injury attorney immediately - if it was an accident at the workplace that was not caused by the fault of your husband an attorney will help you significantly.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
OK. That's what I needed to know. Thank you for your help!

You are very welcome - can you please rate my answer with 5 stars

DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer
DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer