Phone conversation Call me Indiana Tenant Law Small Claims…

Phone conversationCall me(###) ###-#### Indiana Tenant...
Phone conversationCall me(###) ###-####
Indiana Tenant Law
Small Claims
3/26/2018
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what specifically do you need help with?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Call

You can initiate a call with me - I can not just call the number you have provided.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you deem a property uninhabitable in first week of occupancy can you seek retro lease payments you made before your arrival?

Generally speaking no, the habitability duty that a landlord owes to you begins when you take physical possession of the unit. What has made the place uninhabitable?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ex: my lease started in Dec.
I paid all 6-months up front, site-unseen as I was moving from Seattle to Indianapolis.I did not see or take physical possession until March.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe it was on possession.

okay - in that instance you would be able to sue to get all of your deposit back. Have you taken photos of the issues? made the landlord aware?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Rented a House:
2-3 inch glass shards in yard
Construction Filth & Allergens
Not Clean at Possession
No hot water first 72 h
Locks on doors busted
Appliances not workingTo name a few
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just deposit?
That’s it?

You have more than enough there to get all your money back - what else would you be wanting to get? Are you out of pocket money for fixing anything

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
photos, and contacted property manager that was extreme waste of time & inefficient. Took videos of washer flooding.

Your damages would be the deposit - any rent you have paid additional, and anything that was damaged because of the uninhabitability. You can take the landlord to small claims and when you win you can also claim attorneys fees.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am out of pocket: most valued thing. my time!
Moved here to interview. I am a professional -6 figure earner. This money pit has eroded precious launch of networking & grasp of city & interviews. It took 2 weeks before I could do a successful load of laundry. Spent hours on wrong repair men in & out. Efficiency galore here.

While I understand that time is the most precious thing - unless you can show some direct link to lost wages at your job - lost opportunities can not be considered as damages

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How about the property manager who wasted my funds & resources? Thermostat set at 68 degrees in coldest months until my arrival. Yet lease clearly calls out for min setting of 62 while not occupied. An unexplained sewer bill withutilization as much as 3x the amount of my baseline use
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Water bill I disagree with too.

Any and all actual expenses incurred you can get reimbursed for - you will need to bring copies of all the bills with you to court

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. This includes utilities.
Very good.Do you suggest pro-bono or hire attorney for small case like this? Easy win from all their screw ups.

that is up to you - I always would suggest an attorney, especially because in this type of case you can get attorney's fees paid when you win.

I am happy I could help today - Please rate my answer with 5 stars

DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer
DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer