Defense council requesting I produce all pictures of

Customer Question
Defense council requesting I...

Defense council requesting I produce all pictures of vacations for last 10 years, as fishing expedition to find anything. do I have to produce these? if not, whats a case law I can use to defend against it?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

WA state

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I did not produce my Facebook and quoted Thompson V. Detroit Metropolitan Airport as my public FB profile does not show anything that would make them need to see it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Discovery requests that are overbroad, burdensome or irrelevant, for example can be grounds for refusing to answer them. The party that does not wish to respond would need to file a motion for a protective order, stating the grounds they do not wish to answer.

Please see this case for possible sanctions (ie attorney fees)

Please see this article from the state bar as well

relevant rules here:

https://www.courts.wa.gov/court_rules/?fa=court_rules.display&group=sup&set=cr&ruleid=supcr26

Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate 5 stars so the site credits me for my time. thank you!

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.