If someone starts making nonverbal threats rather than

verbal threats and it escalates...
If someone starts making nonverbal threats rather than verbal threats and it escalates the confrontation to a possible physical fight after trying to settle it, is it possible to still press charges against this person if I’m concerned that the next time I see this person on a college campus that there will be a physical fight? I want to know, as I do not want to risk being arrested and put my grades in jeopardy.
3/26/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Are you the victim? If so, why would you worry about being arrested?

What I’m concerned with is that, eventually the confrontation will become physical and if I fight back, both of us could be arrested. If I make the report ahead of time, than I can end any confrontation.

Thank you for the reply. It is important to keep in mind that if you are attacked, you can use reasonable force to defend yourself. You cannot be the aggressor, so be aware of that. By that, I mean walk away. If you can not and they approach you and you feel threatened or that you will be harmed or in danger, you have a right to defend yourself. Yes, you can report this and document it BUT it does not mean that the next time if something happens, it will mean that you were not the aggressor or at fault. If you want the police to take action and investigate, you can file a report and ask them to do so.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Ok, this is good to know. I will contact you if I have anymore questions about it. I might file a report if I definitely suspect something, it may just boil over, so we’ll see for sure. Thank you.
My pleasure.