My ex Boyfriend Caused $5,000 Damage On My Car He Got

Customer Question
My ex Boyfriend Caused...

My ex Boyfriend Caused $5,000 Damage On My Car He Got Caught. My auto insurance wants the money back plus My $100.00 deductable. They Are filing Charges with the District Attorney. Is this A Felony? Do You think He Will Get A Fine Too.

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

He was found guilty of A civil suit so I turned it over to my Auto Insurance plus I Got A 3 Year Year PFA Against him.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Pennsylvania

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
I Have A 3 Year PFA Against Him. Will The District Attorney Know I Have A PFA On Him? Will There Be A Court Hearing, And if there is Will I Have To Attend with the two Witness?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your criminal law question in Pennsylvania today. I'm attorney Bill offering assistance and support.

Criminally damaging property to the value of over $5,000 in a third degree felony to misdemeanor offense.

" § 3304. Criminal mischief. (a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of criminal mischief if he: (1) damages tangible property of another intentionally, recklessly, or by negligence in the employment of fire, explosives, or other dangerous means listed in section 3302(a) of this title (relating to causing or risking catastrophe); (2) intentionally or recklessly tampers with tangible property of another so as to endanger person or property; (3) intentionally or recklessly causes another to suffer pecuniary loss by deception or threat; (4) intentionally defaces or otherwise damages tangible public property or tangible property of another with graffiti by use of any aerosol spray-paint can, broad-tipped indelible marker or similar marking device; (5) intentionally damages real or personal property of another; or (6) intentionally defaces personal, private or public property by discharging a paintball gun or paintball marker at that property. (b) Grading.--Criminal mischief is a felony of the third degree if the actor intentionally causes pecuniary loss in excess of $5,000, or a substantial interruption or impairment of public communication, transportation, supply of water, gas or power, or other public service. It is a misdemeanor of the second degree if the actor intentionally causes pecuniary loss in excess of $1,000, or a misdemeanor of the third degree if he intentionally or recklessly causes pecuniary loss in excess of $500 or causes a loss in excess of $150 for a violation of subsection (a)(4). Otherwise criminal mischief is a summary offense."

He might plead guilty to a misdemeanor and get away with a fine compared to a felony period of imprisonemnt.

You would be subpoenaed by the DA if you are required to attend or notified of your required attendance in advance of the trial.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate my response and answer positively today.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill, how Long Does it Take After The District Attorney Gets The Case? Will He Be Served From My Auto Insurance And The District Attorney From The Sheriff knocking On His Door? How Much Time Does He Have To Respond? Will They make Him Pay So Much A month? Will They Garnish His Wages?
Attorney Bill,Did You Get My Last Questions?

Yes , I'm reviewing your last question today. Service of a criminal summons should be in person or by first class mail.

"

Rule 511. Service of Summons; Proof of Service.

(A) The summons shall be served upon the defendant by both first class mail and certified mail, return receipt requested. A copy of the complaint shall be served with the summons.

(B) Proof of service of the summons by mail shall include:

(1) a return receipt signed by the defendant; or

(2) the returned summons showing that the certified mail was not signed by the defendant and a notation on the transcript that the first class mailing of the summons was not returned to the issuing authority within 20 days after the mailing."

He would be given a court appearance and failure to appear results in a warrant for his arrest.

If he refused to pay any fine, enforcement methods are possible including garnishment.

Thanks for your follow up

I see you have yet to leave a positive rating.

Thank You

Attorney Bill