I need file a counter suite for a divorce I was served

Customer Question
I need file a...

I need file a counter suite for a divorce I was served papers and I never signed for them so I a not sure what days my 20 days start for deadline to file paper work. And I don't understand exactly what she is asking for. I don't want to mess up the counter claim

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No some gentlemen just handed them to me. The divorce is out of Nevada and I live in idaho

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No all I have done is read the paper work. And I don't understand. I don't know if I can talk to a lawyer here in Idaho or if I have to drive down there

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is a house involved and we had agreed to split the equity but it looks like she is trying to get me to take my half of the equity and pay her back for the time I lived there that we were married

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 29 days ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your divorce law question in idaho this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your request. You need to file an answer to the complaint within 20 days to avoid a default being entered against you.

You can counterclaim for a fault divorce to be entered against your partner.

You need to file a counterclaim separate from the answer if you are requesting this or any other additional relief.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate positively today.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Is it 20 days from today or the date she filed.. I just got served but it says on this packet that she filed on the 15th

You have 20 days from receipt of the summons so from today if you just were served.

I would like to review your attached file, please accept my offer to allow the review.

In relation to my answer

remember to rate positively today.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer