I sent a certified letter to a roofing company terminating…

Customer Question
I sent a certified...

I sent a certified letter to a roofing company terminating service. I mailed the letter within my 3 days cancellation period. It does not appear they accepted the certified letter. Do I need to communicate further?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just writing a letter expressing my wish to terminate.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The contract was invalid according to Tennessee law.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 26 days ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

It does not appear they accepted the certified letter. Do I need to communicate further?

.

No, as long as you have proof of mailing within the cancellation period, you are good and in compliance with the law. If they ignore it or refuse to pick it up, that doesn't change the fact you cancelled properly and they would owe you a refund of any deposit money you may have paid.

.

.

thanks

Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 24 days ago

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney