I was offered a job and start date and time. After

Customer Question
I was offered a...

I was offered a job and start date and time. After interview , the owner asked another employee if I was on any medicines. The employee said yes and the day I was supposed to start , the owner told me he did not need me yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No, uncle is lawyer, but wants money for a phone call. Pretty familiar with legal jargan.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will. North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They can get be frank and to the point.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hello I am an attorney here to help. What specific questions did you have for me today?
Did employer break any laws by not keeping the work agreement?
Under the ADA, an employer cannot discriminate a person because of their disability. This applies during the interview process and afer employment. In your case, if the employer knew or should have known that your meds were to treat a disability, and then revoked a job offer, and you have reason to believe that the Employer did this because of your disability, then it is against the law.
You may need to contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Office if you have lost pay as a result of if you're fired. Did you have any other questions for me today?