Iv talked to you a few times I'm in the process of buying…

Customer Question
Iv talked to you a...
Iv talked to you a few times I'm in the process of buying another house and need a little advice on the deed. The last deed which was done in 2012 was a guarantee deed I know the owners well and have done my own rea
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Own research on the place and have found the Lein release from ect. Everything is good on the house except this years property taxs which I'll have to pay but it's a part of the agreement. Would a quit claim deed be ok in this instance for a quick transfer or should I go another route
3/25/2018
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello again,

.

I think you mean "general warranty deed"...

.

Here is the thing... if you haven't had a title search run recently, then you might be buying a pig in a poke if there are other liens or encumbrances on it that you aren't aware of. So I would never suggest someone accept a quitclaim deed unless they had a title search run no more than a week or so before. Any local title or closing company can run one for you for a couple hundred at most, normally cheaper.

.

And that is pretty cheap insurance to know for sure what is on the title to the property.

.

But assuming that a title search shows nothing unexpected.... or you are a gambler who likes to roll the dice without a title search.... a quitclaim deed is adequate to transfer title to you... The quitclaim just basically says "whatever I own, be it 0% up to 100%, or anything in between, I am transferring to you."

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much