I am wondering if there is a law that protects a partner is…

Customer Question
I am wondering if...

I am wondering if there is a law that protects a partner is a development that has already settled go back and sue the partner/manager?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Our project involved environmental clean-up, however, it has recently come to our attention that our partner was also working on 3 other sites all with environmental issues that were also be addressed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

We are in Massachusetts No I have not consulted anyone yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so.....

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/25/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
A settlement normally covers all claims but a court may permit other claims not considered, known or contemplated at the time.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
How is one to know if they are not told?
What if any statue of limitations are there?
if the partner is receiving state tax credits is that person not frauding both me and my government?
Normally one examines all possible claims before signing a settlement agreement. Courts will not vacate absent apparent mistake and where parties didn’t intend to include newly discovered claims.
It’s determined on a case by case basis.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Actually this is a rip-off! This is why I contacted your site
We cannot represent customers. If seeking representation need to hire local private counsel. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!