How can I determine definitely if there is or is not a

Customer Question
How can I determine...

How can I determine definitely if there is or is not a criminal law enforcement investigation involving me, my property, assets, family, friends, neighbors, doctors or any other person, place or thing that might be even remotely related to me? Note: I’ve been told that law enforcement officers are allowed by law to lie to me when asked the above question.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Nothing except rumor an innuendo, beginning September 2017.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not a thing I can think of at this time

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/25/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Could you help me understand the basis of your concern? Why would you be under investigation?

Crazy neighbor with history of involving others with lies in attempt to gain in some way: financially, public opinion, have me removed to gain Accessories my property (perhaps theft)... i’ve done nothing illegal, but feel incriminating evidence may have been planted on my property. Just plain crazy nefariousness!
My goal in this chat is to find out whether or not there is an investigation. The rumors circulating indicate that it might be related to a number of different criminal activities. Should I elaborate?

I understand. I'm sorry about that. There's no definitive way to terminate whether an investigation is pending. The reason is because if an investigation is pending, the police would not want to tip off the people they are investigating. You could call your local police department to determine for sure whether anyone has filed a complaint and you can always search your county's criminal court docket to see if a complaint has been filed against you; however, to protect the integrity of the investigation, you'd likely never know.

In this case, you may want to consider getting a restraining order against your neighborif they have a history of threatening your safety. Getting a restraining order usually files a few important steps. The first thing you should do is either look online or to go to your local civil courthouse to find out what forms are required for the restraining order. Each county and each state requires different forms so I suggesting going to the courthouse to find out. The first floor where the clerk’s office is usually has all of the forms necessary. The forms eventually have to be submitted to a judge/magistrate who will either approve or deny the request.

Did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

No additional issues at this moment, but I do have more questions surrounding this problem. So if I understand correctly, the law-enforcement officers may be lying when I ask whether or not there is an investigation. Is this correct? Secondly, I’ve made a number of calls and searched online and found no evidence of any investigation. I’ve “heard” other neighbors are involved and recording audio and video surveillance. Is this legal for laypeople? What do I look for in court docket: names, addresses or? I don’t feel as if I making progress here, as I have already accomplished those steps you’ve outlined with no results either positive or negative.

Correct, they probably will lie to you if you are under investigation so that way you won't suspect and try to destroy evidence they may be looking for.

As far as recording people, it is legal without their consent in TX because it is a one-party consent state to record people. There is civil liability if the recordings are done in a place where a person has a reasonable expectation of privacy (e.g. their homes or the bathroom), but otherwise it's not illegal.

If you're looking on a court docket, you'd search up your name most likely or the name of the person who is launching these allegations. If you haven't found anything, it's highly unlikely that you're being sued or investigated at all.