I have a question related to whether an email would be a…

I have a question...

I have a question related to whether an email would be a legally binding contract in virginia. It relates to a roof replacement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a VA lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. Nothing has happened. I just want to reassure myself.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks.

3/25/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I probably need to give you more details.

Sure thing.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
A contractor gave me a roof estimate. I have a homeowner's claim in. The adjuster thinks the roof can be repaired for a much lower amount and I have asked for another adjuster to come out. In the meantime, I found another contractor I like better. I never signed a contract with the first contractor but wrote the following to him in an email:
"I do plan on having you do the job assuming it is covered or mostly covered by insurance." Is this email legally binding? I want to use a different contractor now.
Phone call session started

Hello! I see that you requested a phone call. That’s great news! I have just one caller ahead of you, but you will be live on the phone with me in about 30 minutes.

Ok

Thanks!

Calling again; I think we were disconnected.