I have a car that was towed from her apartment assigned

Customer Question
I have a car...

I have a car that was towed from her apartment assigned stall by the owner of the build could he do that

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I said something to him he said cause it wasn't registered it was only park there for 2 weeks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/26/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: Yes, the owner can do this if your lease/rental agreement requires that vehicles parked on the property must be registered in order to be parked on the private property or otherwise the vehicles would be towed at the owners' expense with no further notice. Also see California Vehicle Code Section 22658.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.