I got a phone call saying it was publisher clearing house…

Customer Question
I got a phone...

I got a phone call saying it was publisher clearing house and I had won 2.5 million dollars and a mersadies benz but I had to send 550.00 to cover the expense they were to meet me at Walmart in Pikeville ky. with the car and check but never showed up then they called again and wanted 950.00 more dollars I wouldn't give it to them without some proof they keep calling and swearing that every thing is on the up and up what do I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Called the police but they couldn't help me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No I don't know what to do or who to call

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a KY lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that I have a lot of phone numbers they called from and two names

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Legal
3/25/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 28 days ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Of course, they won't show up. And of course, they will tell you that they are on the up-and-up. Would you send them money if they told you they were thieves?

Publisher's Clearing House will be the first to tell you that if you are asked to pay money for any reason whatsoever, you have not won one of their contests.

In fact, PCH doesn't call winners or give them any advance notice at all for their major sweepstakes. And they have nothiing whatsoever to do with Walmart. Real winners get surprised in their own home by a visit from PCH's Prize Patrol, which will just hand them a check.

PCH is well aware of the scams perpetrated in their name and they warn of them on their website.

The Better Business Bureau also warns of this scam here:

https://www.bbb.org/northern-alabama/news-events/bbb-warnings/2015/03/phone-scam-from-publishers-clearing-house-impersonators/

If you can find out who your scammer really is, you can sue them for the return of your money or attempt to get the arrested and charged with fraud. So if your police won't help, report the fraud online to the FBI at their Internet Criime Complaint Center at www.IC3.gov and to the Federal Trade Commission at www.FTC.gov

In the event that nobody can turn up your scammer, as a crime victim you can write off your losses and at least get something back in the form of a deduction when you file your taxes for the 2018 tax year.

Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 27 days ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney