I purchased a condo in Illinois 61/2 years ago. I have not…

I purchased a condo...

I purchased a condo in Illinois 61/2 years ago. I have not changed any windows since I moved in. I received a notice yesterday saying I need to change a window because it was not approved by the HOA. I found that one of the previous owners had the windows changed about 10 years ago. Can the association impose their rule on me after not mentioning it for 10 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Nothing. I just received the notice yesterday saying I have the right to a hearing in front of the board

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an IL lawyer about this?

No I’m starting here

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I be fined or forced to replace this window by the association

3/25/2018
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma...is the window in violation of the HOA rules?

P. Simmons, Attorney
It should have been a double window and what’s there is a single window
Phone call session started