I was divorced over four years ago and would,like to y

I was divorced over...

I was divorced over four years ago and would,like to y lawyer ask to be taken off of the document and I’m wondering what would be the reasons

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

The two lawyers who negotiated the deal were both notmon the settlement Is this legal to have the two,lawyers who worked in the deal. It mentioned

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Divorce was done in Wyoming because we were som asked residents there even though we really didn’t live there. And two ny lawyers worked on the deal. On my end onkymthe Wyoming lawyer signed off. On his end two ny lawyers and one Wyoming lawyer signed off. He was a resident of Wyoming why was he allowed to have two ny lawyers as well as Wyoming.

3/25/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Parties (persons in litigation) can pick and choose their own counsel. So if one party has an attorney and the party no longer wants the attorney involved, the party can inform the attorney to discontinue representation wherein the party appears pro se (on their own) or hires a new attorney. Any document not yet submitted to court (i.e., drafted documents not yet finalized) can be revised to reflect the current representation.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
We were supposed to be residents of Wyoming. We had NY lawyers Negotiating and had Wyoming lawyers just to advise of their state rules etc. my ex had two ny lawyers plus one Wyoming lawyer and I had a ny lawyer who asked her name be taken off the final settlement somon,ynhad Wyoming lawyer sign off.
Phone call session started