I am wondering if a car dealership is required to honor the…

I am wondering if...

I am wondering if a car dealership is required to honor the price advertised per the truth in advertising law

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Not at the moment, no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I haven’t taken any steps yet No, I don’t think so. Thank you

3/25/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your contractual law question today in Minnesota in relation to the offer or invitation to treat. I'm attorney Bill assisting you in this regard.

The enforceabiliy of an advertisement comes down to whether it is a contractual offer or an an intention to treat/ invite contractual discussions.

Where the statement in the advertisement is a unilateral offer that is complete upon your presentation or acceptance of the offer you could enforce the offer.

It would also be a a breach of consumer law to offer something and then refuse payment, it being a fraudulent and deceptive practice.

These complaints can be directed to the attorney general's office.

https://www.ag.state.mn.us/office/complaint.asp

Your remedy is to sue for breach of contract.

What was the advertisement and why have they refused now ?

Please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and get a credit after you take the time to leave positive feedback.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
if it is an advertisement in the company’s website, is that considered contractual?
on
The vehicle is posted at this price on their website as well as outside car selling websites as well

I've opened up your call request to other online lawyers making calls this moment.

It comes down to an an examination of the advertisement to see if there was clearly an offer to all the public or whether the offer was limited to the first number of customers etc.

If there was no limitation expressed in the add then the offer may be something that you can sue upon and file a consumer complaint against as I indicated.

The advertisement means isn't what is relevant as it can be through radio, tv , internet or flyer to amount to a contractual offer.

It depends on whether this was a unilateral offer complete upon your presentation and payment.

Best

Attorney Bill

Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started