My son is charge with battery from 18 yrs ago. forcible rape…

My son is charge...

My son is charge with sexy battery from 18 yrs ago. forcible rape 3 years ago. the DA want to combine the two cases. He is going to trail and they want to combine the two cases to support the other. a motion filed in court and judge denile the motion .How can that be when the charges not on the same person.

Lawyer's Assistant: Does your son have any upcoming court dates on the charges?

April 5

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What can be file

3/25/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. To clarify, are you saying that the judge denied the DA's motion to combine?

the judge refused my son lawyer to separate the two cases.the DA combine cases to make their first case stronger
call me please(###) ###-####

Can I call tomorrow It's after 11 PM here.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
you can call tomorrow
Phone call session started

Thank you. Tell me what a good time is for you tomorrow. I am on Eastern Standard time. It's an hour earlier in your time zone but my schedule tomorrow is flexible.

Good morning. ARe you ready for a call yet?

i have tried twice to call you and have been unable to get through. It sounds like the phone is picked up but immediately it starts ringing on your end please give me a time when you can call.

It's not necessary for the victim to be the same under the law of your state. It is sufficient that the charges be the same or similar and connected by some common plan. You can see what the law of your state requires for joinder of offenses here:

https://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2016/code-codeofcriminalprocedure/ccrp-493.2/

Joinder makes the prosecutor's job much easier and saves the county the money to mount a second trial. However, it is, as I'm sure the defense lawyer noted in his paperwork, highly prejudicial to the defense to join these cases, which happened fifteen years apart and to use that to say that he has a tendency to commit this crime or that there is a common scheme or plan that he's carrying out.

Judges will sometimes agree to joinder in order to try to force the defendant into a plea agreement. If the judge won't budge however, there are several steps that can possibly be taken both before and after a trial when the judge joins cases together like this. I can discuss that when I call.

I'm going to try again now, but if I don't get through, please respond here on this question thread with a time that is good for you so we can discuss the possible options.

i just read you email please call tomorrow about 11am thanks **********

Thank you. I'll call you at 11 AM your time.

call tomorrow for telephone car what can be done

Will call today at 11 your time.

I have just tried to call and it went straight to a machine. Please adjust that so that I can get through.