How can a person who is not your kin commit you to a pyche…

Customer Question
How can a person...

How can a person who is not your kin commit you to a pyche ward so they can sleep. How is that possible?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are they in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NC nc

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far?

They did it. I was stuck there 11 days. Saw 7 doctors in what amounted to maybe 15 mins. total of all doctors.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have caused me personal injury which I do have an atty for but in the period before the committed he sexually molested me. I have nowhere else to stay or I would not be here.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/25/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

North Carolina, like all US states, has a provision for emergency involuntary psychiatric evaluation for a person believed to be a danger to themselves or others. That provision can be used by anybody who knows of such a person. It need not be someone's next of kin. You can see the law in your state with regard to that here:

https://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/PDF/BySection/Chapter_122C/GS_122C-262.pdf

Now obviously, if you put this into motion just to be able to sleep, that would be filing a false report. When the police came and saw the person, if there appeared to be no problem, he would not take him to the hospital.

However, if he agreed that the person seemed to be either too gravely disabled to tend to himself or a danger to himself or others, he would be brought in for evaluation. If the examining psychiatrists determine he is not a danger to himself or others he'd be released after the evaluation. Otherwise, they would commit him for involuntary treatment.

They didn't give me,a,chance to dmsay anything. I was,thrown in cuffs while loading my car to go to work on my divorce case. 3 males, I wasn't given paperwork and they beat on my wrists until they snapped in place,as my skin was caught in them . Does a depressed person get up, shower, do hair and makeup to leave house. No. They stay in bed. I was seoarated 2014, and this old man tells me I am depressed from marriage even though he knows my lover. This is not right. What can I charge him with?.

You can report this to the police and try to get him charged with filing a false report, as I assume that if you were brought in and evaluated, all was fine. If the prosecutor isn't interested in going forward with this as a criminal offense, you could contact a lawyer and sue him for what he did to you in criminal court. You could then collect monetary damages for the time you spent unable to leave the facility, as well as for pain and suffering and damage to your reputation.

Was police idea as he had assaulted me physically on my arm and molested me. I hate him. He sabotaged my appeal.

You can sue the police right along with him.