I was hit by a taxi with company insurance in CA. But I live…

I was hit by...

I was hit by a taxi with company insurance in CA. But I live in Hawaii and they will not pay for me to get the medical help I need. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

Yes and he says nothing can be done unless I come back to CA.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Preliminary medical treatment and MRI, I have torn rotator cuff. Now I am unable to see someone to correct the problem. I was hit from the rear, police report showing the taxi was at fault.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was a passenger in the vehicle, and my health insurance won’t cover it.

3/24/2018
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

I suggest that you reach out to other lawyers; you don't necessarily have to reach out to a California lawyer. There is no reason that a Hawaii attorney couldn't negotiate with the company insurance to get a settlement from the insurance company. Additionally, you should also look for other CA lawyers because there is no reason that you should have to be in California to have the lawyer reach a settlement on your behalf. Just sounds like you might have called the wrong lawyer to begin with and you should do a little more research for other lawyers.

I hope this has been helpful. Is so, please provide a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today. 5 stars would be greatly appreciated!

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney