How many times can you appeal a conviction in the state of…

How many times can...

How many times can you appeal a conviction in the state of wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a WI lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Convicted of child molestation

3/24/2018
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good evening,

If a person is convicted at the state level, their first appeal would be to the District Court of Appeals. If they lose there, they can ask for a Motion for Reconsideration or Petition to the Supreme Court for the State of Wisconsin.

If that appeal is lost, then it may be possible for a defendant to appeal to the federal courts, if there is a federal question presented in your case.

RobertJDFL, Attorney
RobertJDFL, Attorney