My friend touched his little sister 15 years ago when they…

My friend touched his...

My friend touched his little sister 15 years ago when they were both minors, I think he was 16. It is just being brought up now. Will he be tried as an adult even though he was underage at the time?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

I don't know but he said detectives talked to him about it a few weeks ago and had said the case was opened several years back but wasnt closed

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Ohio

3/24/2018
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Yeah let me know what you think

They COULD try him as an adult...there is a process that the DA must go through to move the case from juvenile court to adult court...but that is possible.

And if there is evidence to support prosecution, that would be the way that the state would go (to move to try him as an adult).

But what you are speaking of? Both minors...years ago? That is NOT the type of case the county prosecute will typically bring. It would surprise me to hear that they had brought criminal charges.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

If detectives talked to him, does that mean that charges have been filed?

No...it does not. It means that they are investigating. If charges were filed, there would have been an arrest. Again, both minors, essentially the same age, years ago? Not the type of case a prosecutor would typically bring

Would he be told if they decided not to pursue it or only if they did ?

Only if they do...if he does not hear anything for a few months? I would expect he never will.

P. Simmons, Attorney
Thanks so much

Welcome. Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil