I just found that a contractor that I hired to perform the…

Customer Question
I just found that...

I just found that a contractor that I hired to perform the supervision and framing of my new construction home filed a notice of right against my property and it is filed with the Jackson County Missouri courthouse. I was not notified of this. I have had some issues with them and I have asked him on multiple occasions to sit down and discuss the bill because they were not for filling their contract will obligation and then I found this was filed. What does this mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MO lawyer about this?

Not yet, I just found it yesterday online. I have an appointment with one next week

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
What is a notice of right that a contractor filed? It’s against my new construction property that they’ve been working on and are not satisfying their contract so I have not paid them in full.
No, I’m having a meeting with the lawyer next week Just trying to find out what that means when they do this
Are they claiming a lien for unpaid fees?
Awaiting your reply, thank you!