My mother had a 4 year old will by legal zoom in Georgia.

My mother had a...

My mother had a 4 year old will by legal zoom in Georgia. She moved to Texas and has passed away. Her main assets were a home in PA and two lots in Florida. Where do I need to probate her will?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have the Will, death certificate from Texas, property tax bills from PA home and FL land

3/24/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

Was she a resident of TX when she passed (i.e. lived there over 6 months)?

.

And she has real estate in PA and in FL, correct?

.

.

thanks

She had no assets in Texas.
I'm trying to find out if I can probate the will in PA, where the house is located, or do I have to probate in Texas, Pennsylvania and Florida?

Ok, then I hate to have to tell you this, but you have to file a probate case in TX as a primary case, and then file what is called "ancillary probate" (i.e. supplemental probate) in any state where she owned real estate because each state controls its own real estate.

.

So there will be a primary probate in TX and ancillary in PA and FL..

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Have a great afternoon!

Barrister, Attorney
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started