I had hip replacement dec 1 2017. Today I still use a

Customer Question
I had hip replacement...

I had hip replacement dec 1 2017. Today I still use a wheelchair, Walker or cane. Had to change doctors for second opinion as surgeon has not maintained standard of care. After all labs MRIs and bone scans the reason for my unbearable pain is full tear medius, And phlegm May Shawn, and faction and or fracture of the bone, nerve damage. I will need further testing and a revision of the Hip. Surgeon botched surgery and to make matters worse he said I didn’t need PT and never even followed up appropriate tests. Second opinion doctor was the one who ordered teats

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

El Paso tx

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Oh my gosh. My autocorrecting was terrible. My diagnosis today is for media’s tear, inflammation, Fracture and or infection, inflammation,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank u

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/24/2018
Lawyer: Attorney 1, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer
Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.I think I can understand what happened here, even though AutoCorrect went haywire.I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. We put our trust and, effectively our lives, in the hands of physicians who are supposed to act responsibly and make us better, not worse. If your surgeon did not perform to the appropriate standard of care of a surgeon performing hip replacement procedures in your area, and you have resulting medical problems that you would not have had if he had performed competently, you may have cause to bring an action for medical malpractice. If successful, you would be able to recover monetary damages for past and future care, as well as for emotional distress. Medical malpractice awards, when successful, tend to be quite high.Medical malpractice is a specialty within the legal community, handled by personal injury attorneys who focus mainly on this particular type of case. This is not something you'd want to handle on your own, as these types of cases are quite complex, time-consuming, and expensive. If an attorney takes your case, he or she will front the costs and you can focus your time on doing what is necessary to get well. The attorney can help point you in the right direction in that regard, as well.If you decide to hire an attorney, a good referral source will be your county bar association. There will be no charge for a list of attorneys who can help, and no cost for the initial consultation with the attorneys to whom you are referred. If the attorney takes your case, there will be no out-of-pocket fees or expenses to pay, either. That can include costs for medical care while the case is pending, too.I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I will continue to provide assistance. If I have answered your question, please remember to leave a positive rating where indicated. Five star ratings are especially appreciated.Good luck!Best,
Attorney 1

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I'm here to help.

If I answered your question, please take a moment to rate the response. Five-star ratings are especially appreciated. Thank you!

Best,
Attorney 1