In nj are there time limits on how a business can bill a…

Customer Question
In nj are there...

In nj are there time limits on how long a business can bill a customer for services rendered? if so how can I get a copy of this statue or regulation?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

I have received two bills one 3years after services another 4years 5 months after services rendered

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/24/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Was there a written contract? Was there an open account?

no

Thank you for the additional information.

The business can bill as often or as infrequently as they want, but the business can not legally enforce the claim in court after 6 yrs. That is the NJ statute of limitations for breach of a verbal contract.

Here is a link to the statute:

NJ STATUTE OF LIMITATION BREACH OF CONTRACT

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Are you still online with me?

Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 months ago

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.