I started a vapor store with a partner formed a LLC 3 years…

I started a vapor...

I started a vapor store with a partner formed a LLC 3 years ago she waked out told me to deal with it took half of the cash out of the Bank ($5K) Now she want half of the profits the store has made. can she do this ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No that i'm aware of she said she was, asked for all of the Tax filing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That she my daughter

3/24/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Was there an operating agreement?

Is there anything in writing indicating she was withdrawing from the LLC?

No

Thank you for the additional information.

Generally, you would want to see something in writing indicating that she had decided to withdraw from the partnership.

However, if she took half the money and then has no further involvement, then you may be able to show by her actions that the parties intended the payment as a dissolution. At the very least, you should be able to show the abandonment by her and that could be a defense to any claim she asserts.

Additionally, the money she removed would be credited against any claim of profits.

In other words, the take-away from this is that this is a very defendable claim.

I am happy to continue if you have further questions.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Are you still online with me?

will see what her next move will be, I have someone that willing to buy her Half out

Whatever settlement you reach, make sure to get it in writing, along with a release of all claims signed by her.

Loren, Attorney