We ordered several thousand dollars of windows and patio…

We ordered several thousand...

We ordered several thousand dollars of windows and patio door from Lowe's in 2015. The windows were installed after several m9nths delay but they did not pass inspection of our HOA. After many months and many calls, finally new windows were installed that met specifications on Fall 2017. We had put the purchase on Lowe's credit which had no interest for a year

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Because it took 2 years, and we did not want to pay full balance because work wasn't done, we paid minimum. So now that it is completed the interest charge with high interest rate comes to over $1000. We asked Lowes to forgive it due to the circumstances. They said they couldnt, talk to the credit card company. The cc company said they couldnt get records from Lowes to verify what we had been through so they would not make an adjustment. What can we do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We are in MO but this involved our condo and a Lowes store in IL.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure what else a lawyer would need to know

3/25/2018
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I would like an answer as to recourse. We would like to have the interest forgiven since it took unreasonably long to get the installation done. The credit card company says Lowe's won't give them data to verify our account (we had protested the charge) and Lowe's says it is out of therir hands.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

At this time, you need to file a Small Claim against Lowe's at your local Courthouse for breach of contract, to force Lowe's to reduce the amount that you re being charged and to remove the interest charges since Lowe's breached the contract by failing to do the installation properly the first time around and it took two years for the work to be done properly, which was not what your contract/agreement with Lowe's called for. Click here for Small Claims forms and instructions.

You may also file complaint against Lowe's with the Better Business Bureau and your Attorney General's Office.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law