Primeamerica offers a term policy, whereby they claim part…

Primeamerica offers a...

Primeamerica offers a term policy, whereby they claim part of monthly payment will be invested in mutual funds, which stays with you, when the term of the policy ends. How legitimate is that?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are they in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far?

I spoke with an agent last Sunday. Someone is coming to do biometrics today, bur I am skeptical. Somehow, I felt forced to signed some paper work on Sunday, however, she explained that it first has to be approved. On Monday, I called the lady and told her I was not sure if I wanted to take the policy. She was very manipulative and that made me nervous. What are your thoughts?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She wanted me to surrender my whole life policy with New York Life to take this term policy with Primeamerica.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
It’s legit but keep in mind that with all term policies if you outlive the policy term you have nothing so if they claim otherwise get it in writing.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Thanks
Good luck. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney