I am an executive that moved recently from NJ to FL. I hired…

I am an executive...

I am an executive that moved recently from NJ to FL. I hired a sham moving company which was ripping off the trademark of a reputable firm. I am now 3 weeks without my furniture, and now the company I used has no idea where my very valuable possessions are - or when I can expect them !?!?!? I need help! Police won't file theft charges.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida - but it was interstate - they picked up in NJ and have offices in several states including Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Constant emails constant phone calls my sons calling - they are complete scam artists. I have proof of trademark infringement and fraud

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need someone to handle this for me - I work 70 hours a week and can't deal with this stress. All of my paintings and furnishings are lost :( sur

3/24/2018
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - do you have signed contract with this company? what were the terms of the contract?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have signed yes, and nothing I read makes sense. They lied about every part of their services - they are not "Spartan Van Lines" they are brokers.

On the contract that you signed - did it say how long it would take to get your belongings to Florida? Did it say their company would bring your belongings or they would contract out?

DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I would have to find it for you in my email and I can send to you.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Conversation opened. 18 messages. All messages read.Skip to content
Using Gmail with screen readers***@******.***1 of 6
Your Moving Estimate #8137248
Inbox
xChristian - Spartan Van Lines <*****@******.***>
Mar 6
to meSpartan Van Lines
Branches in: Atlanta, GA; Orlando, FL; Chicago, IL; Linden, NJ*****Flowood MS 39232
Phone: 1-***-***-**** Fax: 1-***-***-****
US DOT:(###) ###-#### MC: 729779 Registration: 30003 baker
http://www.spartanvanline.com
BINDING MOVING ESTIMATE
MOVING FROM MOVING TO
Name: Jacqueline & Ricardo Roemmele
Address: 1102 Gate House Lane
Level, Floor, Apt: House
City, State, Zip: Plainfield, NJ 07060
Contact Phone:(###) ###-####Cell
Contact Phone:(###) ###-####2nd
Email:***@******.***
Name: Jacqueline
Address: 4924 Marbella Isle Drive
Level, Floor, Apt: House
City, State, Zip: Kissimmee, FL 34747
Contact Phone:(###) ###-####Cell
Contact Phone:(###) ###-####2ndRELOCATION DETAILS
Job No: SV8137248
Representative: Christian Ext. 203
Rep. Email:***@******.***
Move Type: Residential Long Distance, 1094 miles
Estimated Volume: 526 cf. (3682 lbs)
Estimated Rate: $3.40 per cf
Move Date: 03/14/2018-03/15/2018
Created on: 02/07/2018
RELOCATION CHARGES
Total Tariff $3156.00
Tariff Discount: 43.33% -$1367.60
Estimate Price $1788.40
Fuel Surcharge: 15.00 % $268.26
Glass Table Protection (2) $50.00
free Mirror Box included (2) $0.00
Free TV Box Included (2) $0.00
First Flight of Stairs* INCLUDED
Long Carry at Pick-Up FREE
Free month of storage included $0.01
EARLY RESERVATION DISCOUNT - $63.00
Basic Valuation Protection:
$0.60 per lbs. per article $0.00
Total Estimate Price: $2043.67
Customer Payment: $613.10
*Each additional flight of stairs $65.00
(12 steps = 1 flight) building exterior only
Balance Due: 70% at pick up - 30% at deliveryUnderstanding Your Quote:
Thank you for choosing SPARTAN VAN LINES. We are happy to provide you, the Customer, this estimate based on the list of items and services you requested at the time this estimate was prepared. This BINDING estimate is based upon the specific items to be moved and services ordered as listed on the estimate. Your estimated price is guaranteed not to change unless you order additional services, add additional items to be moved, or additional weight to be moved which are not specifically listed on the estimate. Please carefully review this estimate for accuracy. If you make any changes to the list of services ordered or the items to be moved, you must notify the estimato r prior to your move date so an updated estimate can be issued to you and last minute price changes can be avoided. Accuracy of your estimate is wholly dependent upon the completeness of the specific items you inform the estimator that you are moving. Be advised that any changes to your order will result in a change to your estimated price.For example, if you add additional items to be moved or order additional services at the last minute your price will increase accordingly. In order to avoid last minute price changes we urge you to notify your salesperson if you wish to make any changes to the services ordered and number of items to be moved. If on the date of the move you order last minute services or tender additional items to be moved the mover will issue you a new updated written estimate reflecting the change to the total estimated price. In such a case, a revised written visual estimate must be approved by you and signed prior to any services being performed. The Estimated Transportation Cost is BINDING based on the total Cu. Ft. (Volume Amount) provided by customer prior to move date. This document is an estimate only and not a contract. Packing labor and materials are not included unless specifically itemized on the estimate. Customer Responsibility is to make sure that all boxes and fragile items are packed, boxed up and ready for pick-up unless noted differently on this Binding Estimate Cost for Service. This estimate covers only the articles and services specifically listed.The Above Binding Estimate Cost for Service Includes:Tolls, Gas, Mileage and Taxes.Detailed Itemized Inventory List on Move Date.Special Moving Blankets to Wrap and Protect Your Non - Fragile Items.Basic Disassembling and Assembling of Basic Furniture (if needed).Full Standard Valuation Protection at the rate of 0.60 per pound per article.One Month of Storage (Must be mentioned and included in estimate PRIOR to booking).This Is A Full Professional Service Move!!!Please note that the inventory items listed below are not guaranteed volume (cubic feet) accuracy unless an onsite visual estimate was performed. The inventory provided by you on this Binding Estimate Cost for Service only used as a tool for the carrier to generate your total cubic feet (Volume Amount). Any additional cubic feet will be at full tariff rate or any additional services added on move-out d
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer