I need an attorney for my son who has been in jail for 6…

Customer Question
I need an attorney...

I need an attorney for my son who has been in jail for 6 months for PTSD. without medical treatment . He was in college when this mental disorder feel on him. Can you help me. I have been lied to, mislead, and my son's rights have been violated

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Atlanta Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Going to court pleading to the judge, filing affidavits, his public defender told me in September he would be transferred, every week I get the same answer, be encouraged

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The jail called me Thursday asking if I would come to the jail to see my son, he is not doing well and if he saw me it might help.. I did, but my son just stood there not comprehending ..He his a college student 4.0..the longer he is denied medical treatment the worst he gets..he has not showered in 3 months..i have not seen him in 5 months..they have in lock down for 6 months

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/24/2018
Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - has your son been diagnosed with anything and/or been prescribed medication?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
PTSD , prozac
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have money to call now..does that mean I'm wasting my time

no - the site will prompt a phone call - I did not request it. What is the charge that has him in jail currently?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he was sitting in a rental car on a monday that was due back the past Friday..they arrested him on the spot while in cusdoy, they saw a warrant for asult on a friend which was a lie... she has testified to those charges...those were drop..because of his mental state he had a melt down and said an officer was assaulted at the jail..however thay are saying it is because he had no medicine

I am very sorry that you are dealing with this situation - Your attorney can request a mental health evaluation be done on your son while he is in jail. Also, your attorney can file a motion with the court that your son can take his prescribed medication while in custody. Finally, your son should speak to his attorney concerning his mental health and have his attorney give the prosecution his mental health history and the results of the mental health evaluation.

it is also worth asking if the court has a specific mental health court your son could be transferred to.

I believe I have answered your question and given you the next steps - can you please rate my answer with 5 stars

DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer