We are locked into this waste management contract for three…

We are locked into this...
We are locked into this waste management contract for three years ending December 2019 which is abusive. We put the collection service on hold for the past six months as the building was not occupied, I have been paying $58 per month as a rental fee. I was willing to resume services at the original contract rate, but The WM company wants to start charging us an excessive amount to reinstate Services so I wish to cancel the contract entirely. What to do?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
Sorry you are experiencing this issue. The first thing you need to do is figure out what the cost will be to terminate the contract early. Then you need to determine if the $58 fee is cheaper in the long run than the early termination fees.
You also have the option of filing a lawsuit against waste management, which they are accustomed to. It appears that multiple businesses have issues with the rolling contract renewal and unfair contracts of waste management. And a number of antitrust lawsuits have been filed.
Your contract may state that if you have a dispute with waste management that she will be subject to arbitration. So you can engage in arbitration to say that the agreement was oppressive and that you do not have a need for the service due to matter is beyond your control which would be that the building is empty.
give them a 30 day notice of cancellation of contract. And see what their response is. Then you can proceed with requesting arbitration if they tell you that you cannot cancel the contract or that you have to pay some large fee.
If I have provided you adequate guidance on this subject, please reward me with a positive rating out of five stars so that I can receive credit for the session. Also please be sure to meet with an attorney in your area to retain them for contract dispute. The legal bar association in your state will most likely have a lawyer referral service that will refer you to a local attorney that can handle this matter.
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer