I am interested in talking with a criminal defense attorney?

Customer Question
I am interested in...

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No charges have been filed. It's just an issue that I've been wondering about

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

In the state of Massachusetts and New Hampshire Is this confidential?

Lawyer's Assistant: We keep all your personally identifiable information confidential and even have people that double check to make sure something doesn't slip through. Your question goes out to the Criminal Lawyer and then gets published with the answer to help others with similar problems.

Okay, maybe it's best to keep the states hidden The age of consent in New Hampshire is 16. The age of consent in Massachusetts is 16. A 17 year old cross from New Hampshire to Massachusetts to attend a dance (please omit this) and started dating a 20 year old.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They are a little over 3 years apart but under 4 years. He was not of chaste life. He was 17 and over the age of consent in his state, NH. She was 20 and of chaste life. She met his parents. Is this considered crossing state lines for sexual misconduct?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/24/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Since the person was over the age of consent in both states, and since he came to the 20-year-old's state for purposes other than sex, I don't believe the Federal government would take an interest in something like this. It's when the person isn't of the age of consent in one state and is taken out of state by an adult to a state that would allow them sexual contact when the adult would be at risk of a Federal charge.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.