I am a tenant in a large apartment complex. I am having a…

Customer Question
I am a tenant...

I am a tenant in a large apartment complex. I am having a problem with the fumigation directives.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I complied 9 months ago with emptying all sink and bathroom contents. I took 2 days work. Now, they want me to empty every drawer and cabinet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I offered a solution that I would pay the difference in the non-invasive gel solution

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I am waiting..............

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/24/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have offered a gel alternative to the spray invasive procedure and will pay difference. No response from management, but another notice saying they will spray on Wednesday and dump all your stuff into the middle of room. If you do not comply, you will be charged $125.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot possibly comply due to physical constraints and time loss of work. How can get the non-invasive gel treatment provided by the same company?

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

I have offered a gel alternative to the spray invasive procedure and will pay difference. No response from management, but another notice saying they will spray on Wednesday and dump all your stuff into the middle of room.

Response 1: They cannot do that. They cannot enter your premises under this circumstance without your consent or a Court Order. You have legal possession of the premises. The Landlord or the Landlord's agent can only enter without your consent or Court Order if there is an emergency such as the apartment is on fire or has flooded. So, you need to make sure to give a written notice to the management not to enter your premises because you have not given them consent to enter because you are unable to meet their broad extermination requirements.

If you do not comply, you will be charged $125.

Response 2: You can dispute the charge by refusing to pay it and letting the Landlord/management take you to Court and you can tell the Court your side of the issue.

Best wishes,

Response: You can make a written request for alternative treatment and state your reasons for your request just like you did here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have already written 2 letters. The first stating I could not comply after the first notice. The second being the gel alternative. You have not given me any information I did not already have. As for the $125 fee, they will simply deduct from my deposit and then I will have to take them to court to recoupe.

Well, I did not know what you did already. So, I will opt out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What does that mean?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Gosh, you keep sending the same thing over and over from last Saturday.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I still have yet to receive additional information, although it was told to me yesterday that you would respond via Email. I am now requesting a refund as this is going no where fast. Very frustrating.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law